Remove this ad

rpicciotto2004

Able Bodied Seaman

Lead

Jun 19 11 11:48 AM

Tags : :

Hello everyone.  As usual, when I need advice, where do I turn.?  I am getting a bit long in the tooth, so I am considering the purchase of a windlass for my 29.  I am hesitating between the Powerwinch 36 class and the Lewmar Pro 700.  Any ideas out there about what way to go?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

rpicciotto2004

Able Bodied Seaman

#2 [url]

Jun 23 11 5:54 AM

hello david. thanks for your habitual prompt reply. i too think that the stainless construction tilts the choice towards the lewmar.  i ordered it this morning.  my main problem now is the stem roller.  it is going to be difficult, at least for me, to install it with the stem fitting currently on the boat. en experienced boat builder will look at it in the next few days to see if he can give me some ideas. i will certainly keep you informed about how the project is proceeding.

meanwhile, let me wish you a happy vernal solstice, with fair winds and calm seas, even if the wishes will arrive a couple of days too late. 

Quote    Reply   

rpicciotto2004

Able Bodied Seaman

#3 [url]

Jul 26 11 8:58 AM

Hello David. Here are promised photos.  As you can see the installation had to be slightly off center. It works quite well nonetheless.  Of course. I don't know yet about the potential problems of the Lewmar 700, or about its longevity.  I am quite stisfied for the moment. and I am thriller about dropping and lifting the anchor from the cockpit instead of carrying it teetering on my 72 year old legs.  

Hope your summer is going well and that you are having many happy moments on the water.

Click here to view the attachment
Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 27 11 9:28 AM

A nice installation!

How did you configure power to the winch (separate battery in the v-berth area?). Can you control it from the foredeck as well as the cockpit?

Thanks,

David

Restoring a Bristol 29 in my backyard. www.bristol29.com

Quote    Reply   

rpicciotto2004

Able Bodied Seaman

#5 [url]

Nov 10 12 6:53 AM

hello david.  sorry for the year's delay in answering your reply.  i don't know how i did not see it the first time around. power comes for the windlass comes direclty from the batteries through a fuse and a double swich, and yes, the switch is in the cockpit.  have a happy winter.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help