Remove this ad

greg

Captain

Lead

Apr 14 11 7:47 PM

Tags : :

Dave,

Thought I'd better start a new topic for the 2QM15 rust problems...Here are some pics, so you can see first hand...Check out them top of the block...there are chips out of the metal in the water jacket...and the area bowed up and flaked off....:( But the yanmar guy said no problem....to me I see all kinds of problems...still really not feeling any better about the condition of the block and head. Look close and you can see where large flakes of rust have fallen out...it was all over the shop floor when I picked the parts up. Remember also that all this was cooked at the machine shop...and looked good.

Greg

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 15 11 8:59 AM

Greg,

So your Citation is about the same displacement as the Bristol (about 11,000 pounds fully loaded). I think the block and head looks pretty good. I would trust the Yanmar guy. these old Yanmar engines are nearly indistructable--many used for generators and run flat out all the time, day after day at fully throttle without a hicup. The only real disadvantage to a sea water cooled engine is if you need to heat water it will take a lot longer since the temp of the engines is usually around 140 degrees while running.

Dave

Restoring a Bristol 29 in my backyard. www.bristol29.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help