Remove this ad

johnahurt

Fiberglass Sander

Lead

Apr 19 10 8:10 AM

Tags : :

Background:  Bought the boat 10 years ago, raced it and cruised it.  On the way back from a trip Baltimore, MD to  New Port, RI we spent 3 weeks onboard.  On the way home bad storm and the mast base began to flex significantly.  Upon investigation the mast bast had significant water intrusion and had rusted the "I" beam.  That fractured the epoxy etc...

Started working on it a few years back and it's just not gonna get done. The mast base fractured and there is significant rot in the deck core material.

if you need a parts boat or a serious project this is your boat. 

Included are A-4 that with a solid block but down a cyl.  new starter carb and a bunch of parts.

All the standing rigging is new and uninstalled including lifelines and chain plates.

Mast, boom, bow and stern rail, pedistal steering could be salvaged. ports.

old 155. 100. main included. main sheet, traveller, winches

Sell the whole deal for a $1 (clean title just need it gone.) you tow it out.  Located on the Magothy River Pasadena, MD.

In addition I have

Loose footed Main, 1 full 3 extended battons and laminted racing 155 from North that I'll sell for $1,000 ea or $2,000 for the pair.  ~25% of original cost.  2 racing seasons on both.  I intend to take these to Bacons if I don't sell. 

John 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 19 10 10:16 AM

John,

Welcome aboard. That's quite a deal for a parts boat. The mast alone is probably worth 5K or more (compared to ordering a new mast from Selden). I'd love to see some photos of the mast base.

Thanks for posting this information.

David

Restoring a Bristol 29 in my backyard. www.bristol29.com

Quote    Reply   

johnahurt

Fiberglass Sander

#3 [url]

Oct 8 10 5:28 PM

yes I did get rid of the boat but do have the sails.  Are you interested in the Gennie or Main?  The Gennie is a North laminate 155% with about 20 races on it.  Hank on stored in a tube bag in the basement..  It's basically brand new.
The Main is a North loose foot 3 full +1 partial with 2 reef points (can't remember the weight off the top of my head)  Used 2 years for both racng and cruising, also Very good to New condition.
I'm near Annapolis, if your interested drop me a note we'll figure out how to get you a look and work out a price.

John 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help