Remove this ad

geeter

Fiberglass Sander

Lead

Jun 1 13 3:11 PM

Tags : :

I just built and installed a new salon table for Sandpiper, hull #37. I took some liberties with the Bristol logo, changing the proportions a little to make it look more like a boat.

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

geeter

Fiberglass Sander

#2 [url]

Jul 10 13 6:34 AM

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I bought 20 board feet of 4/4 sapele to finish out some of my interior joinery. It was a lot cheaper than teak and has an interesting grain. It seems to complement the other interior wood pretty well. 

I cut the logo out of the top and stained it, then edge glued the top together. I reinforced the bottom with several stringers and bolted a standard 2 7/8" seat post fitting to the bottom. The drawer is made from a basswood box I got at Michael's reinforced with birch plywood and with a sapele front.

I found that the old formica table, in addition to being ugly, was difficult to work at because of the sharp corners. On many days I work from my boat, and the relieved 1/2 inch radius corners are much easier on the forearms.

I recently completed a new step/engine cover out of the same wood, and will be adding new cabinets behind the port settee next. I'll send pictures when it's done.

Geeter

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help